The ARO Difference
Real-World Studies with Practical Application
As an academic research organization, the DCRI is able to field teams of experienced faculty and operational experts whose independence, scientific leadership, and collaborative approaches position us to look at a research challenges differently:
- Our researchers include practicing physicians who implement trials that are grounded in the realities of clinical care
- Our experienced teams deploy nimble and responsive operational approaches
- We offer the best-in-class statistics, informatics, and quantitative science
- We have extensive knowledge of local clinical practice patterns and regulatory requirements, both across the United States and worldwide
Innovations and Novel Approaches
From gathering data to sharing it across broad stakeholder communities, we challenge traditional approaches and find new insights that lead to improved outcomes. We unite the clinical expertise and academic leadership of a premier teaching hospital with the capabilities of a full-service contract research organization. Driven by a spirit of innovation, our scientists pursue meaningful studies that explore novel methods, address unmet needs, and improve the care of patients around the world.
We are committed to the idea that clinical research should go beyond just supporting regulatory approval for medical products. We believe that sharing data openly with researchers, physicians, and other stakeholders around the world helps to inform the next research question. And finding what’s next is what drives our work every day. Since 1996, DCRI faculty and staff have authored more than 10,000 peer-reviewed publications and our research findings have been cited in more than 400,000 scientific articles. By contributing to every aspect of research—from basic science to implementation—we are advancing the state of the art in evidence-based care.
Collaborations and Partnerships
Our partnerships with government, research sponsors, investigators, and other academic institutions allow our clinical teams to design and implement research that can succeed within demanding, rapidly changing practice environments. We work hard to ensure an environment of integrity and trust among partners and are committed to sharing data in ways that accelerate scientific progress and foster broad stakeholder engagement. In 2016 alone, DCRI faculty and staff:
- Collaborated with over 4,750 co-authors
- From 1,521 institutions in 64 countries
- On more than 1,099 publications in 190 top-tier journals