Women of Color & HIV: 5th Annual Community Forum - March 2
Mar 02, 2012
from 08:30 am to 03:00 pm
|Where||Chapel Hill Sheraton, Chapel Hill, NC|
|Contact Name||Brandie Jones|
|Add event to calendar||
March 2, 2012 | 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sheraton Chapel Hill
Event is free and open to the public.
CME/CEU/CCMC credit is available for the program. A $35.00 fee is required at the time of registration for those seeking CME/CEU/CCMC credit. No refunds or cancellations will be given.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Online Registration closed Wednesday, February 29 at 8:00 a.m. Walk-In Registrants will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis on the day of the event.
Walk-In Registrants seeking CME/CEU/CCMC credit will be required to pay the $35.00 fee at registration. Cash and credit card will be the only forms of payment accepted.
- Morning Keynote Address: Dr. Valerie E. Stone of Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital
- Afternoon Keynote Address: Dr. Loretta Sweet Jemmott of the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Plenary Address: Dr. Rebecca J. Macy of the University of North Carolina School of Social Work
- Panel discussion among women of color who are HIV positive
- Rapid HIV Testing at no cost
- Numerous nonprofit exhibitors
- Opportunities to network with healthcare providers, colleagues, and community members
PRESENTATIONS FROM THE 2011 FORUM [pdf]
- WOC & HIV: Introduction
- HIV Prevention for African American Adolescent Females (Wingood)
- From HIV treatment to HIV prevention: Lessons learned from Research and Practice Among Incarcerated African–American women (White)
- ISIS: Engaging African American Women in Research (Amola)
- Assessing HIV-related Issues and Co-infections at the Community Level (Sena)
- The Unique Woman, poem (Reid)