5th Annual North Carolina Research Triangle Pulmonary Hypertension Symposium
Nov 08, 2013
from 07:00 am to 04:00 pm
|Where||Durham Marriott City Center and Durham Convention Center Durham, North Carolina|
|Add event to calendar||
The 5th Annual North Carolina Research Triangle Pulmonary Hypertension Symposium will provide pulmonologists, cardiologists, and other interested physicians and allied healthcare providers the opportunity to learn about the current landscape in PH epidemiology, diagnostics, and treatment, incorporating updates from the recent 5th World Symposium on Pulmonary Hypertension held in February 2013.
The symposium will highlight the unique challenges inherent in caring for PH patients, including timing of referral to specialty centers for advanced care. Our faculty will incorporate case-based discussions with Q and A, along with brief lectures, to share their experience and insight on PH. There will be a patient and family education program in the afternoon.
- James Ford, MD
- C. Gregory Elliott, MD
- Ambrose Chiang, MD
- David Langleben, MD
- Breakout Session - WHO Group 2
- Breakout Session - WHO Group 3
- Terry Ann Fortin, MD
- Victor Tapson, MD
- Duane Davis, MD
- Describe the classification of PH, particularly in light of the recent updates from the 5th World Symposium and differentiate WHO group 1 PH from Groups 2-5
- Identify right heart catheterization as the method to diagnose PH, and employ proper right heart catheterization technique
- Identify appropriate treatment choices based on available evidence, particularly new and emerging PH therapies
- Recognize when treatment responses are suboptimal and when referral to a specialty center may be appropriate
There will also be a series of events for PH patients and caregivers. There is no charge to attend, but registration is required.
Victor Tapson, MD, Professor of Medicine
Director, Pulmonary Vascular Disease Center
H. James Ford, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine
Director, Pulmonary Hypertension Program
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
When: November 8, 2013, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where: Durham Convention Center
301 West Morgan Street
Durham, NC 27701 (directions)
Fees: $195 MDs and DOs
$90 Other healthcare providers
$80 Residents and fellows
Individuals are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. The Durham Convention Center is connected to the Durham Marriott Hotel. We do not have a block of rooms reserved, but ask for the “Duke rate” for any available discounts.
Durham Marriott Hotel
201 Foster Street
Durham, NC 27701
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax (919-668-7114 attn: Wendy Sprintz). Registration cancellations received on or before October 1, 2013 will be fully refunded minus a processing fee of 5 percent. Cancellation requests submitted between October 2 and October 17 will receive a 50 percent refund minus a processing fee of 5 percent. Cancellation requests received on or after October 18 will not be refunded.
The Duke University School of Medicine designates this educational activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. CME certificates will be sent via email approximately 4 - 6 weeks after the conference concludes.
Education Grants Provided By
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals US, Inc.
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
- Cornerstone Therapeutics, Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- United Therapeutics Corporation
- United Therapeutics Corporation/Lung LLC